Friday, September 26, 2008

Notes before taking some leave...


Good morning - all. Friends, fans, and family... I had a few minutes with my morning coffee and almost picked up my journal - but decided here was as good a place as any. We're about to go through some changes at our house. I'm off work for awhile, as many of you know... but before I go, we're taking our little trailor down to the beach for a relaxing family weekend WITH FRIENDS this time.

This should be fun. For once, it's Perry's group of work friends we're going with. I'm truly looking forward to meeting these people he spends time with. I've been promised many hands to help with the girls - which should be great - and I'm frankly looking forward to parking myself in a lounge chair and watching the waves, having a few glasses of wine, toasting marshmallows, and listening to laughter and great music... quality time with no computer. Ha! no phone (save for the cell to call my sis/bro in law when we have a trailor "emergency") and just "roughing it" together.

Life is good. I'm set for surgery on Monday, and will be in recovery a bit after wards. Don't expect much from me until middle of October - when my birthday extravaganza begins! :) Mine and Ellie's. This year will be cause for great celebration. We have our wonderful girls, our friends who have been coming out of the woodwork to lend their support and their good wishes. I'm genuinely blessed, and finally feel at home in this little town of Temecula, California.

Will I ever consider myself a non-Arizonan? I don't think so. It's the home of my heart. But, being able to take an easy trek to the beach for a few days is a joy that I always longed for. I've got a husband who loves us so well. And mom and dad are coming out to lend a hand. All is good. So, here's to a quick recovery, time to work on "Castles by the Sea" -- my WIP that's in rewrite now. And some enjoyable time researching the 1930s - one of my favorite periods in history.

Love and blessings to you all... and I'll catch up in a week or so... Meanwhile, good reading, and good writing to you, all!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley