Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Renewed and Revitalized

I'd like to take a quick moment and thank all of you who read this blog. Throughout my journey to publication, I've made many friends -- and I also have come to realize that there is nothing more important than the friends and neighbors we see every day. The subtle encouragement of the familiar sometimes gets lost... but I've been thinking about this place I live - in suburbia. There's a saying that goes, "anyone can make a friend. Only God can make a neighbor." And when your neighbors become your friends, it makes every day so much more interesting.

Yes, in our corner of Southwest Riverside County, our houses are elbow-width apart. Yes, we all moved into this corner of the world within days of one another. We've seen neighbors come and go. We've watched with despair as foreclosure signs have appeared on streets other than our own. We celebrate each others' triumphs and are there in times of need. I know my neighbors and friends have been there for my family during my healing process.

So I want to say a heartfelt thanks. You know who you are. I was told by a dear friend that I was given the gift of encouragement, which I've never really considered as a God given spiritual gift. But is it? And if it is, I feel even more inclined to use it!

God gives us each a special gift - or talent, as the Bible so wonderfully translates it in the parable. I don't think that is a coincidence at all that the gifts each man received is translated as a talent. Even the man who broke even was a-ok in the Lord's book. But hiding it. Wasting it. That is unacceptable. God would rather us go out into the world, try and fail, than hide away in our basements.

My writing adventure is just that. I'm not publishing with a huge house, that's true. But The Wild Rose Press houses some wonderfully talented writers - (I'd say women, but I know one or two of them are actually men writing inspirational romance. Ladies, how awesome is that?!?!) Who doesn't want to know what kind of hero/heroine relationship a man can put together?

I'm rambling now, on a roll. Thanks, Elissia! :) Still - the point remains, I am revitalized by knowing that you all are out there, cheering for me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Don't waste your talent. I'll do my darndest not to waste mine. And we can all celebrate together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley