Monday, May 5, 2008

Of Little Girls and Ladybugs...

My sister gave us a "new" used hybrid trailer for Christmas - that means, it has a 17' long body, and pop out beds to 23'. We're planning on putting it to good use this summer, having already braved a trip in February - when we discovered the heater didn't work (BRRRRR). All freshly fixed up and serviced, we just spent a lovely getaway to the lake over the weekend. Perry fished to his heart's content (though I think I heard the fish laughing... we didn't see ANYONE catch ANYTHING all weekend.)

The girls and I collected ladybugs and butterflies and played on a hidden beach.We had a picnic under an enormous oak tree on a field of grass. Flew a kite. Connected the dots with the stars, and woke up with the birdies. Idyllic? well, we were camping in a pop-out trailer. I did my best this time not to envy all of the lovlely, shiny new 5th wheels and Class Cs that were parked all around. Class As didn't even bother to try camping where we were parked... So, social envy was curtailed in that arena.


We still love Lake Skinner - the best place close by, thus far, for a cheap weekend getaway - with no computer, no work, no bad days...

Let's just say, we returned home with far less beer (and stress) than we hauled out with us. The girls are tan and happy, with some bandaid scars to share with their friends today at school. We spent last night finding many more places in and around SoCal to wander in our little tiny trailer. Can't wait to see where we take it next!

1 comment:

  1. Your children are beautiful. I love your blog. For some reason, I think it's funny that you're using LibraryThing!

    Don't forget me when you have the big idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley