Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mornings with Ellie...

Ellie greets me every morning at the top of the stairs, usually while I'm having my morning coffee. I hear her sweet, raspy little voice:

"Mommeeee! I 'wake!"

So I go greet her, usually wrapped in her shiny pink blanket and laying at the top of the stairs, waiting for me with a slight, pearly grin.

"Morning, mommee... I want to go down-stay-ahs..."

So, I'll carry her down and we snuggle, listen to music, or watch her favorite show... this week, Scooby Doo. Last week it was Mrs. Spider. Before that, Dora. We like to mix it up. Ha.

Ellie's getting so big, but still, she's my baby. I'm struggling, because my surgery is coming in September, and I have 8 weeks or so where I won't be able to pick her up and carry her. Of course, at almost 40 lbs, I have a bit of a time carrying her around anyway, and she is almost 3... but, I love it. It's our time. So what will our time be after the surgery? I'd say, just like this. Me, typing one handed, and Ellie's head in my lap.

After all, I did write All or Nothing with Ellie in the crook of my arm... I can do it again... of course, she was about 30 lbs lighter back then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley