Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Love and Loss...

I woke up this morning to a new world. A world without a man who was central to my dear friend's life. The father of her child. My heart aches with the loss. The part that is the worst, is the mystery behind it.

He was a mere shadow of his former self. Once upon a time he was strong, brave, funny, caring, true. But something happened. Somewhere along the way, the demons found him. A blank slate. A man who had doubts. They peppered his life with shadows. They took what was true and kind and good and turned him into something else. Someone who was lost. Who was unsure. Who was scared. Who despaired. Who couldn't find the joy or the will to go on.

And this world has lost of a good man. A man who if he would have just asked for help, would have had so much offered him. A man, who if he saw himself the way the world saw him, could have found hope. My heart hurts. My reason is rent in two. I pray God that he found peace. Today, I thank God for my steady husband. Today, I pray peace for my dear friend, and her sweet daughter. His loss will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley