Thursday, August 21, 2008

How to tame a toddler

There were posts going around on our message board for TWRP yesterday about writing with toddlers around. Yeah. That's a real trick, isn't it? Rachel's in that phase now that she can be kept busy for hours coloring, watching a favorite show, or working on her projects (see Rachel at the kitchen table with a pair of child-safe scissors and a bunch of hastily printed out family pictures. The kid is an amateur scrap-booker extraordinaire!)

Ellie is another story. The girl is a ball of energy, needing constant attention and wanting to talk all of the time. ALL of the time. These days, she still sounds vaguely like Elmer Fudd. All of her "L's" are "Yuh" sounds. Hear: Eh-yee instead of Ellie. Yost instead of Lost. At any rate, they've settled down again. I have a full day of work ahead of me, and we're going to race off with the "school kids" and meet our day care at the elementary school.

Will I have time to work on edits for All or Nothing today? I've reviewed the full MS --returned to me from Elizabeth on Tuesday--and I can absolutely make the changes needed in just a few short weeks if not sooner without breaking a sweat. The only question mark is with the kids! will they let me? Working on my writing before and after work, staying up late into the night, waking early in the morning, my friends ask me "When do you have time to sleep?" perhaps writing with small children in the house gives you just what you need to do that. I wasn't sleeping anyway...I might as well write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley