Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Art of Saying No

Here's something I'm still attempting to master. As a mother and a writer, how do you say no...and mean it?

Visit MamaWriters.com - for my latest article, "The Art of Saying No"

I offer some suggestions on how to say NO when you've over-committed yourself in order to regain some quality YOU time -- and how to REALLY mean it.

I'm a firm believer that if you don't take care of yourself, you'll lose more than your sanity. You'll forget who you really are. As a writer, that can be of horrible detriment, and even deadly for your muse.

Today, I had to say NO to many things in order to care for my aching head, AND take care of two sick little girls. (Daddy played Mr. Mom yesterday...he's well, but I caught the flu!)

I'd be interested to hear how YOU say "No"... because at the moment, I have two little girls doing whatever they want so I can finish writing this post before going downstairs to make their snack! To their credit, they are illustrating some lovely cards for their daddy's birthday, spreading blank papers all over the floor of my office for their creations. I've said "NO" to my inner housekeeper, who insists on a tidy house. At least their entertained, but it never ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley