Saturday, February 21, 2009

Love Story

Taylor Swift wrote the epitome of a love story in but a few minutes. I was wondering this morning what it is about the song that chokes me up so. Is it watching my 5 year old daughter clasp her hands under her chin, staring dreamy eyed at the prospect of a princess and prince finding each other? Is it watching their dad dance around the room, uninhibited and singing with his little girls? Is it hearing Ellie's rich, little girl voice belting out "Romeo, Save me! I've been feeying so ayone!"

I think it must be all of the above. The romance novelist inside is in awe of such a succinct story - with the pitfalls, heartbreak, and ultimate unabashed joy at the h/h finding their true love. The mommy in me sees the girls as budding romantics. The wife in me only has eyes for her own Romeo, turned amazing dad.

If you haven't seen it, you must. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wRkoGKQ8qQ

Have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley