Friday, February 27, 2009

Why do I Blog?

I was asked today at work - of all things - what is the purpose of a blog. That got me thinking... because--as you know--I love to blog. It's my journal. It's my way of keeping in contact with people who have similar likes and interests (such as you all!), and of course, it's a way of sharing triumphs and tragedies, and contemplating this fast paced world we live in. Things change by the minute around here. Okay. Sometimes, even by the second.

Blogs are a great way to stay connected. Add a follower, or two, and you have people who are pinged when you post something new! If you have a contest, people can participate by the tens, twenties, and even hundreds! If you keep up with the latest technologies, it's a great place to pool resources, and find out if other folks can rate a product (see e-reader posts), or e-book Applications to see what we're all talking about. We keep up with predators and editors, and congratulate one another on a job well done.

Most of my readers are either small press authors, e-book authors, mothers, friends, family, or all of the above. Perhaps even a co-worker or two. I cherish each and every comment, and do my best to respond to every one. It's how we roll. Blogging is just a natural part of my thought process, much as FaceBook has become part of my social life. (See my husband shake his head, in his inability to understand my need for online interaction).

I'm an odd case. I work remotely, for a company in New Jersey. I keep odd hours, as I'm a full time working mother, so my writing time comes in the late evening and early morning. When asked, I'm sure most don't understand - but my husband can attest to my idiosincracies. He always knows when I'm deep in edits or writing, as the house descends into utter chaos!

So, why add blogging on top of all that? Because of you. So, thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, and I'll answer. :) Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley