Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year! This year, it's ALL OR NOTHING!

I must have still been celebrating the 12 days of Christmas. But, Happy New Year, everyone!

After taking a small break for the cold and rainy Southern California holidays, I'm back to writing full steam ahead. I'm giving serious attention to detail on the galleys for All or Nothing. It's almost ready (hang in there, Elizabeth! :) and mostly, it's formality. My editor rocks, so there is nothing that as of yet has risen its evil head and proclaimed itself "deal-breaker!" I'm not expecting anything, but it is interesting the power of the mind, of night terrors, of wondering if your writing will be good enough when it is released to the world at large.

There's power in print, you see. Not that e-books and pdfs don't have just as much merit. I am a HUGE e-book fan - and self proclaimed super hero name is "Gadget Girl!"

Though I have yet to purchase a reader, (my laptop works just find in my opinion) and a net-book might be just what I need for an e-reader... if they get slim enough, and I can convince my husband that it's worth it -- with all the money I haven't spent on e-readers and gadgets! But, that iphone is so cute, the Kindle is so cool, as I said... I love gadgets. So, I'm frugally scanning Craigslist for one to crop up.

At any rate - back to print. Print is permanent. I've been in the industry for 6 years - and I know, once the galleys are approved, that's it! It's done! warts and all, Professor Soren would say. Yes. At this point, I have to stop mothering the story. It's a baby of a different sort, almost ready to be put on display for the world, to stand on its own merit. I know the characters, the setting, the plot twists, and jokes inside and out. And though I love it, it's time to let it go.

This is even more profound a feeling than sending the synopsis to the Senior Editor at TWRP all those many months ago! So, hang with me, friends... a release date and many posts of shameless marketing are soon to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley