Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Author Page Up on The Wild Rose Press

Well, ladies and gentlemen...I'm officially "in the garden" as they say. I have my author's link up on The Wild Rose Press website. View it here...

I'm also meeting some fantastic fellow authors - the ladies in the garden are most prolific. It's actually most exciting and gives me a great deal of hope that All or Nothing will be more than a single title for me. Those who know me well know that writing has always been my heart's desire. And, wow. Here we are in rewrites.

Speaking of rewrites, here's a note as to progress:
I'm up to page 87 of 304. I feel really good of about 80 of them. (The page number/total changes as I rip scenes out, rewrite the POV, and I have to admit - some I mourn the loss of and others I can't believe I ever clung to as if a liferaft in a stormy sea!)

My overwhelming issue has been with my supporting cast, if you will. Yes, it's interesting to know who they are and how they think and feel, but as Elizabeth has reminded me again and again, the story is about RuthAnne and Bowen. And come to think of it, I'm a glosser over myself when I'm reading chapters such as these. AND when you gloss over your own chapters, that would be a big warning bell I would think.

The Online Writer's group I've joined is really neat. So far, I've "met" an author/cover artist from San Diego - and Canada - and various other well wishers who all lend phenomenal support. I've evaluated my character's opinions about me... (yikes. Never suspected Bowen would consider me a gossip!) and all of that. Crazy. Now I am looking to consider my writing process. Well, fits and starts seems most appropriate these days.

I have a stack of half finished plot outlines, WIPs and scraps of paper with ideas that I had at 3:45 am - which apparently is when my brain wakes up with creative fervor! my body however, flings a pillow over my head and forces me back into a restless slumber. That is, until I'm summoned by two year old Ellie to soothe a nightmare, fetch a cup of water, and now for heaven's sake! take her to the potty. She's 2! she potty trained herself and doesn't even use her pull up at night! must limit her fluid intake prior to bedtime. MUST. *sigh* Maybe I'll finally get the hang of motherhood by the time they go to college.

Of course, last night - my inspiration is this love of time travel romances that is flitting through the garden. I have one in my drawer - in need of a rewrite since many elements from that one migrated to All or Nothing (my stories are by no means monogomous in their pre-published formats).

SO - perhaps this one - Working title "The Hawk and the Raven" - a 3:47 am inspiration - might get my attention next. I will say this. Seeing all of these amazing women working on multiple projects, juggling family, career, life, the universe, and everything is incredibly inspirational. I finally feel like I've found where I belong.

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, and stopping by!

~Ashley